So that the engine in all operating conditions are maintained in the appropriate temperature range. The cooling system is necessary to prevent the engine from overheating and to prevent the winter engine from overcooling.
Cooling system in accordance with the different cooling medium can be divided into air-cooled and water-cooled. If the high-temperature parts of the engine heat directly into the atmosphere and the cooling device called air-cooled system. And the heat first passed to the cooling water, and then into the atmosphere and the cooling device called water cooling system. As the water cooling system cooling evenly, the effect is good, and the engine running noise is small, the current widely used motor vehicle water cooling system.Cooling System
Water cooling system consists of water pump, radiator, cooling fan, thermostat, compensation bucket, engine body and cylinder head in the water jacket and other ancillary devices and other components.
(1) Pump: the coolant pressure, to ensure its circulation in the cooling system. Automotive engines are widely used centrifugal pumps.Cooling System
(2) radiator: by the water chamber, the water chamber and the radiator core and other three parts. The coolant flows in the radiator core and the air passes through the radiator core. The hot coolant is cooled by cooling the air and the cold air heats up by absorbing the heat dissipated by the coolant, so the radiator is a heat exchanger.
(3) cooling fan: When the fan rotates into the air, so that through the radiator to enhance the radiator cooling capacity, speed up the cooling of the coolant.Cooling System
(4) Thermostat: a valve that controls the flow path of the coolant. It opens or closes the passage of the coolant to the radiator, depending on the temperature of the coolant.
(5) compensation bucket: When the coolant heat expansion, part of the coolant into the compensation bucket; and when the coolant cooling, part of the coolant was sucked back to the radiator, so the coolan