An engine, cooling system maintenance rate has been high, often caused by other components of the engine damage, especially with the increase in vehicle mileage, cooling system efficiency gradually decline, the overall engine performance of a greater impact on the maintenance of the engine at room temperature is a vital role.
The main function of the cooling system is to distribute some of the heat absorbed by the heating parts in time to ensure that the engine works at the most suitable temperature. Cooling system according to different cooling medium can be divided into air-cooled and water-cooled, if the high temperature parts of the engine heat directly into the atmosphere and the cooling device is called air-cooled system. The device that passes the heat to the cooling water before it is dispersed into the atmosphere is called a water-cooled system. Because the cooling water system is homogeneous, the effect is good, and the engine running noise is small, the water cooling system is widely used in automobile engine at present. No matter how cool it is, the normal cooling system must ensure that the engine does not overheat in all driving conditions.
Maintenance of cooling systems: Common causes of engine overheating are: cooling air flow reduction (such as heat sink blocking, etc.), cooling fan does not work, low speed uphill, the environment temperature is too high, V-belt too loose, rotating efficiency is poor, as well as the cylinder body scale, thermostat failure, pump damage, thermal switch failure and so on. In order to prevent the coolant temperature too high, in use must maintain the radiator and the water cover clean, the quantity of coolant is sufficient, the fan belt tensioning is appropriate, to prevent the engine in the load working time too long.
1. Keeping the cooling system clean outside and inside is an important condition to improve the heat dissipation efficiency. The outside of the radiator is stained with muddy or collision deformation, all of which affect the air flow, so that the coolant temperature is too high, cleaning or repairing when necessary.
2. The use of antifreeze coolant in accordance with the provisions to maintain a sufficient amount of coolant. Correct coolant liquid level: When the engine is in a cold state, the coolant liquid surface is in the expansion chamber, between the highest and the lowest sign. The expansion box is equipped with automatic liquid level alarm sensor, when the liquid surface in the box is too low, the cooling liquid temperature alarm lamp on the instrument panel should be added in time.
3. The fan belt tensioning should be maintained properly and the fan is working properly. The belt too loose affects the water circulation, intensifies its abrasion;
4. Heat-sensitive switch connection is good, if the loosening will affect the fan shift speed and normal operation; If the cooling system is found to overflow, the technical status of the thermostat should be checked in time.
5. Prevent the engine heavy load, long time work, lest the water temperature is too high; When the car long ramp driving, blocking low or high ambient temperature, should pay attention to heat dissipation.
Car cooling systems are vital to the car, and the engine is like a human heart, which is threatened if not properly protected.